illegal immigration
More than 205,000 illegal border crossers in June, 2.5 million in fiscal 2024

Border Patrol agents inspect a potential landing spot for illegal immigrants along the Rio Grande River in Texas.
From The Center Square
By
There were more than 205,000 illegal border crossers apprehended in June, according to new U.S. Customs and Border Protection data released on Monday.
June’s numbers bring the total number of illegal border crossers this fiscal year to more than 2.4 million.
The majority of illegal border crossers were apprehended at the southwest border last month, totaling more than 130,000. Fiscal year to date, more than 1.82 million were apprehended at the southwest border.
At the northern border, more than 17,700 were apprehended last month, the greatest number apprehended for the month of June in U.S. history. Nearly 145,000 have been apprehended at the northern border this fiscal year.
The fiscal year goes from Oct. 1 to Sept. 30.
The overwhelming majority of illegal border crossers were single adults, as they have been every month. Fiscal year through June, more than one million single adults illegally entered the country, according to the data. The next greatest number of illegal border crossers for the fiscal year totals nearly 700,000 of individuals claiming to be in a family unit.

When reporting the data, CBP said, “Border Patrol encounters between ports of entry were 29% lower than in May 2024 and were the lowest monthly total for the Border Patrol along the southwest border since January 2021 as well as lower than the number of encounters between ports of entry in June 2019.”
U.S. House Committee on Homeland Security Chairman Mark Green, R-Tenn., disagreed, arguing last month’s numbers were just “another month, another devastating number of inadmissible aliens entering and being released into the United States – all at the invitation of President Biden and now-impeached DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.”
Green led the charge to impeach Mayorkas on grounds he failed to secure the border. Mayorkas in February was the first sitting cabinet member to be impeached in U.S. history, The Center Square reported.
CBP official Troy Miller said the decrease in illegal border crossings was due to “recent border security measures” that made “a meaningful impact on our ability to impose consequences for those crossing unlawfully.”
Miller is performing the duties of commissioner after CBP’s former commissioner, Chris Magnus, was forced to resign in November 2022 after being on the job for 11 months. Magnus resigned after being widely criticized for his handling of an influx of illegal border crossers and after numerous officials complained, including the Arizona Sheriff’s Association, which had warned that he was unqualified and opposed his nomination, The Center Square reported.
Miller claimed because of a new rule issued by Mayorkas, the number of encounters at the southwest border decreased by more than 50% in the past six weeks.
But Green and others argue that, because of new parole programs Mayorkas created, monthly encounters at ports of entry of foreign nationals with no lawful basis to enter increased exponentially under the Biden administration, from nearly 20,000 in January 2021 to more than 117,000 in June 2024.
The total number, which has traditionally measured entry between ports of entry and at ports of entry, does not fully reflect the number of foreign nationals illegally entering the country because of the parole programs, critics argue. Hundreds of thousands have been flown in using a newly created CBP One mobile app, for example.
Nearly 42,000 foreign nationals were brought into the country last month through the app, according to CBP data. Since it was launched in January 2023, more than 680,500 foreign nationals used it to schedule appointments and arrive at ports of entry.
The Biden administration strategy “should now be plain to everyone: flood the country with as many illegal aliens as possible between ports of entry, and then create unlawful mass-parole programs like CBP One and CHNV to encourage otherwise-inadmissible aliens to still enter – just in a less politically embarrassing and damaging way,” Green said.
In addition to the app, Mayorkas also created and expanded parole programs (CHNV) specifically to allow Cuban, Haitian, Nicaraguan and Venezuelan nationals to enter the country who under the law are not permitted to enter. So far, “about 494,799” arrived on commercial flights and were granted parole through the CHNV parole process, according to CBP data.
They include 106,757 Cubans, 205,026 Haitians, 93,325 Nicaraguans, and 118,706 Venezuelans who were “vetted and authorized for travel,” CBP says. Among them, 104,130 Cubans, 194,027 Haitians, 86,101 Nicaraguans, and 110,541 Venezuelans were granted parole and released into the U.S.
The CHNV parole process has been directly linked to violent crimes being committed against Americans, as reports indicate those being released were not being properly vetted, if at all, The Center Square reported. Despite CBP’s claims, DHS Inspector General reports found Border Patrol agents weren’t vetting everyone apprehended and released and ICE agents weren’t detaining them.
illegal immigration
Court attempts to halt Trump deportations, El Salvador president says ‘too late’

From The Center Square
By
A class action lawsuit was filed on Saturday against the Trump administration after President Donald Trump signed an executive order invoking the Enemy Aliens Act to target, arrest and remove violent Venezuelan prison gang members, Tren de Aragua (TdA), from the U.S.
The lawsuit was filed by the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation on behalf of five Venezuelans illegally in the country who were detained in Texas and New York. The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
On Saturday, nearly 300 violent illegal foreign nationals were removed from the U.S. and arrived in El Salvador with the cooperation of El Salvadoran president Nayib Bukele after reaching an agreement with Secretary of State Marco Rubio.
“The first 238 members of the Venezuelan criminal organization, Tren de Aragua, arrived in our country,” Bukele said in a post on X. “They were immediately transferred to CECOT, the Terrorism Confinement Center, for a period of one year (renewable).”
El Salvador also received 23 MS-13 gang members from the U.S. who were wanted by Salvadoran authorities, Bukele said. They include two ringleaders, one of whom “is a member of the criminal organization’s highest structure.” Those sent to El Salvador by the U.S. will help Bukele’s government “finalize intelligence gathering and go after the last remnants of MS-13, including its former and new members, money, weapons, drugs, hideouts, collaborators and sponsors.
“As always, we continue advancing in the fight against organized crime. But this time, we are also helping our allies, making our prison system self-sustainable, and obtaining vital intelligence to make our country an even safer place. All in a single action. May God bless El Salvador, and may God bless the United States,” he said.
The U.S. government is paying a small fee to detain them, Bukele said, and the prison is also making money because it requires inmates to work. These additional inmates, “combined with the production already being generated by more than 40,000 inmates engaged in various workshops and labor under the Zero Idleness program, will help make our prison system self-sustainable,” he said, noting that it costs $200 million a year to maintain.
In response, Rubio thanked Bukele saying, “El Salvador has agreed to hold the violent criminals “in their very good jails at a fair price that will also save our taxpayer dollars. President Nayib Bukele is not only the strongest security leader in our region, he’s also a great friend of the U.S.”
In an emergency hearing held on Saturday, a federal judge ruled that deportations of violent Venezuelans be temporarily halted and those who were illegally in the country and already removed be returned. The ACLU said the order blocked the administration “from deporting anyone under the Alien Enemies Act while the case proceeds. Flights carrying Venezuelan immigrants the DHS attempted to deport have been ordered to turn around and return to the U.S.”
A U.S. federal judge has no jurisdiction over foreign governments.
In response, Bukele posted on X, “Oopsie … Too late,” with a laughing emoji.
Bukele also posted videos and pictures of them arriving in El Salvador in handcuffs. The video shows them being met by El Salvadoran military wearing riot gear and transported in armored vehicles to CECOT. The videos depict El Salvadoran officials lifting up their shirts to show tattoos of gang member affiliation, officials shaving the heads of kneeling inmates and their admittance as CECOT inmates.
Today, the first 238 members of the Venezuelan criminal organization, Tren de Aragua, arrived in our country. They were immediately transferred to CECOT, the Terrorism Confinement Center, for a period of one year (renewable).
The United States will pay a very low fee for them,… pic.twitter.com/tfsi8cgpD6
— Nayib Bukele (@nayibbukele) March 16, 2025
Cooperation between the U.S. and El Salvador expanded under Trump and Rubio, representing a reversal of Biden administration policy that used taxpayer money and planes to transport illegal foreign nationals into the U.S.
Trump has been aggressively targeting of TdA after a record more than 1 million Venezuelans illegally entered the U.S. under the Biden administration, including TdA members expanding operations in at least 22 states, The Center Square first reported.
Under the Trump administration, Venezuelan repatriation flights also began, paid for by the Venezuelan government, negotiated by the Trump administration, The Center Square reported.
illegal immigration
“The Invasion of our Country is OVER”: Trump reports lowest illegal crossings in history

MxM News
Quick Hit:
President Donald Trump announced on Saturday that illegal immigrant apprehensions at the southern border plummeted to just 8,326 in February—marking a historic low. In a Truth Social post, Trump declared, “The Invasion of our Country is OVER,” crediting his administration’s tough enforcement measures for the drastic reduction.
Key Details:
-
The figure represents a staggering 96% drop from December 2023, when illegal crossings under Joe Biden’s administration peaked at 301,981.
-
Trump emphasized that those caught illegally entering the U.S. were “quickly ejected from our Nation or, when necessary, prosecuted for crimes against the United States of America.”
-
Trump credited executive action, including an emergency border declaration, military deployments, the end of birthright citizenship, and a crackdown on sanctuary cities, for the sharp decline in illegal entries.
Diving Deeper:
President Trump’s first full month back in office saw a seismic shift in border security policy, leading to what he called “the lowest number of illegal border crossings in decades.” In a Truth Social post on Saturday, Trump highlighted the stark contrast between his administration and Biden’s, stating:
“This means that very few people came – The Invasion of our Country is OVER. In comparison, under Joe Biden, there were 300,000 Illegals crossing in one month, and virtually ALL of them were released into our Country. Thanks to the Trump Administration Policies, the Border is CLOSED to all Illegal Immigrants.”
Upon taking office, Trump signed multiple executive orders that significantly curtailed illegal immigration. These include reinstating policies that allow expedited removals, deploying U.S. troops to the southern border, resuming construction of the border wall, and ending Biden-era programs that facilitated migrant entry through humanitarian parole. Additionally, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) reversed previous Biden restrictions on Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), leading to a sharp uptick in interior enforcement.
According to DHS data obtained by Fox News Digital, ICE interior arrests skyrocketed by 137% in just three weeks, with 11,791 arrests recorded from Jan. 20th to Feb. 8th—compared to 4,969 during the same period in 2024. High-profile raids in sanctuary cities have also yielded thousands of arrests, including gang members and violent offenders.
The economic impact of Trump’s border policies is already being felt. Federal funds that had been allocated to house illegal immigrants in hotels, particularly in cities like New York, are being clawed back. A recent executive order directed all federal agencies to identify and cut off taxpayer-funded programs that benefit illegal immigrants.
Despite congressional gridlock preventing any new border legislation, Trump’s administration has relied solely on executive authority to crack down on illegal immigration. His message to potential border crossers remains clear: “Anyone who tries to illegally enter the U.S.A. will face significant criminal penalties and immediate deportation.”
-
Daily Caller2 days ago
Biden Administration Was Secretly More Involved In Ukraine Than It Let On, Investigation Reveals
-
Business2 days ago
Trump says ‘nicer,’ ‘kinder’ tariffs will generate federal revenue
-
2025 Federal Election2 days ago
Poilievre, Conservatives receive election endorsement from large Canadian trade union
-
Business2 days ago
Biden’s Greenhouse Gas ‘Greendoggle’ Slush Fund Is Unraveling
-
2025 Federal Election2 days ago
PM Carney’s Candidate Paul Chiang Steps Down After RCMP Confirms Probe Into “Bounty” Comments
-
2025 Federal Election2 days ago
RCMP Confirms It Is ‘Looking Into’ Alleged Foreign Threat Following Liberal Candidate Paul Chiang Comments
-
2025 Federal Election1 day ago
Liberal MP Paul Chiang Resigns Without Naming the Real Threat—The CCP
-
2025 Federal Election1 day ago
Fight against carbon taxes not over yet