International
GOP-led House bill allows for future vaccine and mask mandates, international emergency powers

From LifeSiteNews
‘Have we learned NOTHING from the horrific abuses the government imposed during COVID?’ Republican Rep. Greg Steube asked. ‘These same overreaching policies are being set up to control us again.’
Less than 24 hours after the GOP-led U.S. House of Representatives published its monstrous 1,500-page Continuing Resolution to fund the government of the United States, a remarkable shift in power became evident, showing to be true what the November presidential election had hinted at: The MAGA movement now appears to be in the driver’s seat in D.C.
GOP leadership on the Hill waited to publish the bill and hand it out to members of the House until just 60 hours before the measure was to be voted on, hoping no one would be able to do a deep dive into its contents, while simultaneously strong-arming members to quickly vote in favor of the Continuing Resolution in order to avoid a government shutdown on Friday.
House leadership’s approach to producing the massive bill without allowing time to thoroughly study and comment on it echoed Nancy Pelosi’s appalling 2010 elitist pronouncement to the nation and fellow members of Congress concerning the even more monstrous 2,000+ page healthcare legislation: “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.”
“The worst part is,” Vivek Ramaswamy said, “they (House leadership) didn’t want you to know about any of it. That’s why they made this a last-minute jam job.”
By Wednesday morning, alert members of the new, rising online conservative media had combed through the contents, uncovering deeply disturbing provisions antithetical to the ideals of the burgeoning America First movement that just last month had handed over control of the House, Senate, and White House to Republicans.
Chief among the alarming provisions was the intended expansion of the “Pandemic and All Hazards Preparedness Act” that allows for vaccine and mask mandates, vaccine passports, international emergency powers, and gain of function research, according to investigative reporter Natalie Winters, who unearthed the troubling insertion.
Winters, who co-hosts Steve Bannon’s War Room, further pointed out that the document also mandates the establishment of no fewer than 12 new bio containment labs.
It also sought to extend funding for the Global Engagement Center, an organization embedded within the U.S. Department of State that actively seeks to censor populist and conservative voices online.
“Have we learned NOTHING from the horrific abuses the government imposed during COVID?” asked Republican Rep. Greg Steube of Florida, expressing the bewilderment and disgust of many.
“These same overreaching policies are being set up to control us again,” he added.
Just as disturbing is the massive increase in spending, which many suggested to be the House GOP leadership snatching defeat from the jaws of its recent electoral victory.
“The more we learn about this criminal bill they are trying to pass today, the worse it gets!!” said Elon Musk, co-head of the soon-to-be launched Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) in response to the revelations.
“ALL government spending is taxation,” Musk said in a subsequent post. “The government either taxes you directly or, by increasing the money supply, taxes you through inflation.”
“The American people just delivered President Trump and congressional Republicans a decisive mandate,” Republican Rep. Andrew Clyde of Georgia said. “So why did our House Republican leadership negotiate the spending bill like we lost?”
“This omnibus is the very thing the incoming Department of Government Efficiency is trying to put an end to,” Republican Rep. Eric Burlison of Missouri said. “A vote for this monstrosity is a vote against DOGE.”
“Another lump of coal for the American people courtesy of the Swamp,” Republican Rep. Tom Tiffany of Wisconsin wrote.
“I’m a NO on the massive 1,500+ page omnibus,” Tiffany declared. “The American people voted to stop runaway spending, and I stand with them.”
Utah Senator Mike Lee has been on fire since the contents of the 1,547-page document began coming to light.
“You know what’s *not* leadership?” Lee asked on X. “Writing a 1,500-page spending bill in secret, hiding it from most lawmakers until days before Christmas, giving them no chance to identify & fix serious problems with it, using threats to make colleagues vote for it, and justifying all of this by saying you ‘have to get the votes.’”
“No, that’s not leadership,” Lee fumed. “It’s legislative thuggery.”
“These are the disgraceful methods of The Firm™,” he added.
By 4 p.m. Wednesday, Fox News was reporting that Musk’s many posts on X decrying the bill had “sent shockwaves through the Capitol, forcing them to likely kill the spending bill.”
By evening, Torsten Prochnow declared, “The fight against the bloated Continuing Resolution marked a pivotal moment for America, securing a major victory for Donald Trump’s MAGA movement and the American people.”
He offered a brilliant analysis, pointing out seven major takeaways from yesterday’s unfolding Capitol Hill drama, shown here in full:
- The Age of AI is here: Today demonstrated the transformative power of AI in politics. Teams working with Elon Musk, Donald Trump, and countless X commentators and X citizen journalists dissected the monstrous 1,500+ page Continuing Resolution bill. Using tools like GROK and ChatGPT, they broke the bill into manageable sections, analyzed it in detail, and revealed the outrageous hidden spending. Without AI, exposing such concealed pork barrel policies within the limited 24-hour window provided to Congress would have been impossible.
- The end of legislative tricks: The era of burying pork barrel policies in enormous, incomprehensible bills is over. Today marked the beginning of an age of transparency where such deceptive practices are destined to fail. No longer can lawmakers hide egregious spending within massive CRs, hoping that nobody reads them. This monumental shift signals accountability moving forward.
- The swamp is bipartisan: Shockingly, today exposed just how deeply intertwined the swamp is on both sides of the aisle. Both GOP and Democrat representatives actively contributed to crafting this bill and were delighted by its hidden provisions, including a $70,000 pay raise for themselves. None of this was scrutinized by legacy media, which ignored these scandals entirely. Without X, none of this would have come to light.
- Trump’s leadership shines: Donald Trump, alongside Vice President-Elect J.D. Vance, displayed remarkable composure today. Trump allowed his MAGA movement to take charge of the battle and refrained from engaging in the trench warfare until the fight was nearly won. Only then did he deliver the final blow to the CR, demonstrating a level of leadership and restraint that is rarely seen. His timing was impeccable and speaks volumes about his strategic vision.
- The power of X: Today underscored how underrated X remains. The platform proved to be a powerful democratic tool that amplifies the voice of the people. Elon Musk’s posts gained strength from his followers and Trump-aligned commentators and citizen journalists, turning X into the ultimate platform of empowerment. X stands as the embodiment of the phrase “We the People,” holding the government accountable in ways legacy media utterly fails to do.
- The irrelevance of legacy media: The day revealed the growing insignificance of legacy media, particularly the leftist outlets. They ignored the CR entirely, failing to investigate, analyze, or expose the hidden pork barrel spending. The transparency and investigative journalism that legacy media once championed are now delivered by X. Legacy media has devolved into leftist propaganda arms of partisan organizations, while X carries the torch of truth and transparency.
“Today we witnessed the demise of a tyrannical cartel — known as The Law Firm of Schumer, McConnell, Johnson & Jeffries™,” Senator Lee wrote late Wednesday night.
“May The Firm™ and its despotic ways never return to power,” the senator prayed.
As of this writing on Thursday morning, the fate of the bill remains unclear, while the universal condemnation by America First voters of this legislative atrocity and those who produced it has become crystal clear.
Energy
Trump Takes More Action To Get Government Out Of LNG’s Way

From the Daily Caller News Foundation
By David Blackmon
The Trump administration moved this week to eliminate another Biden-era artificial roadblock to energy infrastructure development which is both unneeded and counterproductive to U.S. energy security.
In April 2023, Biden’s Department of Energy, under the hyper-politicized leadership of Secretary Jennifer Granholm, implemented a new policy requiring LNG projects to begin exports within seven years of receiving federal approval. Granholm somewhat hilariously claimed the policy was aimed at ensuring timely development and aligning with climate goals by preventing indefinite delays in energy projects that could impact emissions targets.
This claim was rendered incredibly specious just 8 months later, when Granholm aligned with then-President Joe Biden’s “pause” in permitting for new LNG projects due to absurd fears such exports might actually create higher emissions than coal-fired power plants. The draft study that served as the basis for the pause was thoroughly debunked within a few months, yet Granholm and the White House steadfastly maintained their ruse for a full year until Donald Trump took office on Jan. 20 and reversed Biden’s order.
Certainly, any company involved in the development of a major LNG export project wants to proceed to first cargoes as expeditiously as possible. After all, the sooner a project starts generating revenues, the more rapid the payout becomes, and the higher the returns on investments. That’s the whole goal of entering this high-growth industry. Just as obviously, unforeseen delays in the development process can lead to big cost overruns that are the bane of any major infrastructure project.
On the other hand, these are highly complex, capital-intensive projects that are subject to all sorts of delay factors. As developers experienced in recent years, disruptions in supply chains caused by factors related to the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in major delays and cost overruns in projects in every facet of the economy.
Developers in the LNG industry have argued that this arbitrary timeline was too restrictive, citing these and other factors that can extend beyond seven years. Trump, responding to these concerns and his campaign promises to bolster American energy dominance, moved swiftly to eliminate this requirement. On Tuesday, Reuters reported that the U.S. was set to rescind this policy, freeing LNG projects from the rigid timeline and potentially accelerating their completion.
This policy reversal could signal a broader approach to infrastructure under Trump. The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, enacted in 2021, allocated $1.2 trillion to rebuild roads, bridges, broadband and other critical systems, with funds intended to be awarded over five years, though some projects naturally extend beyond that due to construction timelines. The seven-year LNG deadline was a specific energy-related constraint, but Trump’s administration has shown a willingness to pause or redirect Biden-era infrastructure funding more generally. For instance, Trump’s Jan.20 executive order, “Unleashing American Energy,” directed agencies to halt disbursements under the IIJA and IRA pending a 90-day review, raising questions about whether similar time-bound restrictions across infrastructure sectors might also be loosened or eliminated.
Critics argue that scrapping deadlines risks stalling projects indefinitely, undermining the urgency Biden sought to instill in modernizing U.S. infrastructure. Supporters argue that developers already have every profit-motivated incentive to proceed as rapidly as possible and see the elimination of this restriction as a pragmatic adjustment, allowing flexibility for states and private entities to navigate permitting, labor shortages and supply chain issues—challenges that have persisted into 2025.
For example, the $294 billion in unawarded IIJA funds, including $87.2 billion in competitive grants, now fall under Trump’s purview, and his more energy-focused administration could prioritize projects aligned with his energy and economic goals over Biden’s climate and DEI-focused initiatives.
Ultimately, Trump’s decision to end the seven-year LNG deadline exemplifies his intent to reshape infrastructure policy by prioritizing speed, flexibility and industry needs. Whether this extends formally to all U.S. infrastructure projects remains unclear, but seems likely given the Trump White House’s stated objectives and priorities.
This move also clearly aligns with the overall Trump philosophy of getting the government out of the way, allowing the markets to work and freeing the business community to restore American Energy Dominance in the most expeditious way possible.
David Blackmon is an energy writer and consultant based in Texas. He spent 40 years in the oil and gas business, where he specialized in public policy and communications.
Automotive
Auto giant shuts down foreign plants as Trump moves to protect U.S. industry

MxM News
Quick Hit:
Stellantis is pausing vehicle production at two North American facilities—one in Canada and another in Mexico—following President Donald Trump’s announcement of 25% tariffs on foreign-made cars. The move marks one of the first corporate responses to the administration’s push to bring back American manufacturing.
Key Details:
-
In an email to workers Thursday, Stellantis North America chief Antonio Filosa directly tied the production pause to the new tariffs, writing that the company is “continuing to assess the medium- and long-term effects” but is “temporarily pausing production” at select assembly plants outside the U.S.
-
Production at the Windsor Assembly Plant in Ontario will be paused for two weeks, while the Toluca Assembly Plant in Mexico will be offline for the entire month of April.
-
These plants produce the Chrysler Pacifica minivan, the new Dodge Charger Daytona EV, the Jeep Compass SUV, and the Jeep Wagoneer S EV.
Diving Deeper:
On Wednesday afternoon in the White House Rose Garden, President Trump announced sweeping new tariffs aimed at revitalizing America’s auto manufacturing industry. The 25% tariffs on all imported cars are part of a broader “reciprocal tariffs” strategy, which Trump described as ending decades of globalist trade policies that hollowed out U.S. industry.
Just a day later, Stellantis became the first major automaker to act on the new policy, halting production at two of its international plants. According to an internal email obtained by CNBC, Stellantis North American COO Antonio Filosa said the company is “taking immediate actions” to respond to the tariff policy while continuing to evaluate the broader impact.
“These actions will impact some employees at several of our U.S. powertrain and stamping facilities that support those operations,” Filosa wrote.
The Windsor, Ontario plant, which builds the Chrysler Pacifica and the newly introduced Dodge Charger Daytona EV, will shut down for two weeks. The Toluca facility in Mexico, responsible for the Jeep Compass and Jeep Wagoneer S EV, will suspend operations for the entire month of April.
The move comes as Stellantis continues to face scrutiny for its reliance on low-wage labor in foreign markets. As reported by Breitbart News, the company has spent years shifting production and engineering jobs to countries like Brazil, India, Morocco, and Mexico—often at the expense of American workers. Last year alone, Stellantis cut around 400 U.S.-based engineering positions while ramping up operations overseas.
Meanwhile, General Motors appears to be responding differently. According to Reuters, GM told employees in a webcast Thursday that it will increase production of light-duty trucks at its Fort Wayne, Indiana plant—where it builds the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra. These models are also assembled in Mexico and Canada, but GM’s decision suggests a shift in production to the U.S. could be underway in light of the tariffs.
As Trump’s trade reset takes effect, more automakers are expected to recalibrate their production strategies—potentially signaling a long-awaited shift away from offshoring and toward rebuilding American industry.
-
2025 Federal Election2 days ago
WEF video shows Mark Carney pushing financial ‘revolution’ based on ‘net zero’ goals
-
2025 Federal Election2 days ago
Three cheers for Poilievre’s alcohol tax cut
-
2025 Federal Election2 days ago
MORE OF THE SAME: Mark Carney Admits He Will Not Repeal the Liberal’s Bill C-69 – The ‘No Pipelines’ Bill
-
2025 Federal Election2 days ago
‘Coordinated and Alarming’: Allegations of Chinese Voter Suppression in 2021 Race That Flipped Toronto Riding to Liberals and Paul Chiang
-
2025 Federal Election2 days ago
Don’t let the Liberals fool you on electric cars
-
2025 Federal Election2 days ago
Liberal MP resigns after promoting Chinese government bounty on Conservative rival
-
2025 Federal Election2 days ago
‘I’m Cautiously Optimistic’: Doug Ford Strongly Recommends Canada ‘Not To Retaliate’ Against Trump’s Tariffs
-
Business2 days ago
Canada may escape the worst as Trump declares America’s economic independence with Liberation Day tariffs