Connect with us
[the_ad id="89560"]

Crime

From the border to Baltimore: ICE agents arrest violent fugitives illegally in US

Published

7 minute read

ICE-ERO Baltimore Fugitive Operations agents arrested and removed 19-year-old Guatemalan national Henry Argueta-Tobar, who was illegally in the country and convicted of raping a Maryland resident.

From The Center Square

By

Columbian arms trafficker arrested in college town of College Park, Maryland

After illegally entering the country at the southwest border and being released by Border Patrol agents, violent criminals continue to be arrested thousands of miles north near Baltimore.

One of them was a 19-year-old Guatemalan national in the country illegally convicted of raping a Maryland resident.

Henry Argueta-Tobar illegally entered the country in El Paso, Texas, on May 21, 2019, as an unaccompanied minor. Under the Trump and other administrations, federal policy is to release into the country those claiming to be minors. Border Patrol agents transferred his custody to Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which released him “on an order of recognizance.”

By Dec. 23, 2023, he was arrested by the Charles County Sheriff’s Office in Maryland and charged with rape in the second degree. ICE lodged a detainer request with the Charles County Detention Center in La Plata, Maryland, which refused to comply and instead released him.

In February, a federal judge ordered him to be removed to Guatemala. In July, a Charles County court convicted him of rape and sentenced him to 20 years in prison but then suspended all but 190 days of his prison sentence.

ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations Baltimore Fugitive Operations agents then arrested him in Waldorf, Maryland.

“After unlawfully entering our country, Henry Argueta-Tobar made his way to Maryland and victimized one of our residents,” ICE ERO Baltimore acting Deputy Field Office Director Vernon Liggins said. “We could not allow him to continue to threaten our communities.”

His case represents a common pattern The Center Square has reported: ICE lodges an immigration detainer with a local jurisdiction, which denies the request and releases the offender. Not soon after, another jurisdiction arrests the offender for allegedly committing another crime. The pattern continues until ICE detains and removes the offender.

Last month, ICE-ERO Baltimore agents also apprehended a validated leader of the Las Colinas criminal organization based in Santa Marta, Colombia. The 29-year-old fugitive was wanted by Columbian authorities on homicide, arms trafficking and aggravated theft charges. He was hiding out in a residence in College Park, Maryland, home to the University of Maryland, with an undergraduate and graduate enrollment of over 40,000.

The Columbian fugitive “attempted to hide from justice in Maryland, and we simply cannot allow that to happen,” Liggins said. “Our officers are the best in the world at finding people who don’t want to be found, and we will not allow our Maryland communities to become safe havens for the world’s bad actors.”

He illegally entered the U.S. near San Ysidro, California, and was apprehended by Border Patrol agents on Sept. 14, 2023. Instead of vetting and identifying him as a wanted arms trafficker, he was given a notice to appear before an immigration judge and transferred into ICE-ERO San Diego custody. Instead of vetting and identifying him as a wanted arms trafficker, ICE agents released him “on recognizance.”

Colombian authorities were “actively seeking custody of the fugitive, citing charges of arms trafficking, aggravated theft and homicide,” ICE said.

It would take 10 months for ICE-ERO Baltimore agents to learn that he was illegally living in Maryland. He was arrested on July 31 “at his residence in College Park” and remains in ICE custody.

ICE-ERO Baltimore agents also recently arrested a Salvadoran who fled to the U.S. to avoid a prison sentence “stemming from his conviction for attempted aggravated femicide and culpable injury.” The 57-year-old Salvadoran fugitive was arrested June 20 near his residence in Gaithersburg, Maryland. He remains in ICE custody.

His criminal record predates his illegal entry into the U.S. He was arrested and charged by Salvadoran authorities in February 2022, convicted by a court in June 2023 and sentenced to 21 years in prison. He then fled the country and illegally entered the U.S. near Rio Grande, Texas. He was then arrested by Border Patrol agents on July 1, 2023, and transferred into ICE. Roughly one month later, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services gave him a notice to appear before an immigration judge and ICE released him.

Due to a failed vetting system, Border Patrol, ICE and USCIS “had no knowledge of the Salvadoran national’s conviction at the time of their interactions with him,” ICE claims. It would take another year for ICE agents to learn of his whereabouts in Maryland.

In another case, Border Patrol agents arrested a Columbian fugitive near San Luis, Arizona, after he illegally entered the U.S. and also released him. He had a criminal record: arrested and charged with attempted aggravated homicide and sentenced to 17 years in prison. He also fled to the U.S. to avoid going to prison.

Instead of being vetted and processed for removal, he was enrolled in a Biden-Harris “Alternatives to Detention” program. Within less than a month, he violated the program terms and was removed from the country in December 2023. He illegally reentered at an unknown date, time and location, avoiding capture as one of at least two million gotaways under the Biden-Harris administration. In June, ICE agents became aware that he was illegally living in Laurel, Maryland, and arrested him. He remains in ICE custody.

An extensive pattern exists for similar ICE arrests nationwide.

Before Post

Todayville is a digital media and technology company. We profile unique stories and events in our community. Register and promote your community event for free.

Follow Author

Automotive

Dark Web Tesla Doxxers Used Widely-Popular Parking App Data To Find Targets, Analysis Shows

Published on

 

From the Daily Caller News Foundation

By Thomas English

A dark web doxxing website targeting Tesla owners and allies of Elon Musk appears to be compiled from hacked data originally stolen from a massive ParkMobile app breach in 2021, according to records obtained by a data privacy group. 

The site, known as DogeQuest, first appeared in March and publishes names, home addresses, contact details and other personal information tied to Tesla drivers and DOGE staff. Marketed as a hub for anti-Musk “creative expressions of protest,” the platform has been linked to real-world vandalism and remains live on the dark web. Federal investigations into DogeQuest are already underway, the New York Post first reported.

“If you’re on the hunt for a Tesla to unleash your artistic flair with a spray can, just step outside — no map needed! At DOGEQUEST, we believe in empowering creative expressions of protest that you can execute from the comfort of your own home,” the surface-web DogeQuest site reads. “DOGEQUEST neither endorses nor condemns any actions.”

A screenshot of the DogeQuest surface website captured on April 3, 2025. (Captured by Thomas English/Daily Caller News Foundation)

ObscureIQ, a data privacy group, compiled a breakdown of the data — obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation — and determined 98.2% of records used to populate the site matched individuals affected by the 2021 ParkMobile breach.

DogeQuest originally appeared as a surface web doxxing hub, encouraging vandalism of Teslas and displaying names, addresses, contact details and, in some cases, employment information for roughly 1,700 individuals. The site used stolen ParkMobile records along with data purchased from brokers, flagging anyone who had a Tesla listed in their vehicle registration profile, according to ObscureIQ’s analysis.

The platform — now operating as “DogeQuest Unleashed” via a .onion dark web address — has also published personal details of high-value targets including senior military officials, federal employees and private sector executives in Silicon Valley. A spreadsheet reviewed by the Daily Caller News Foundation indicates several individuals targeted work areas like cybersecurity, defense contracting, public health and diplomatic policy. DOGE staff and their families appear prominently throughout the data.

A screenshot of DogeQuest's surface website, captured on April 3, 2025. (Captured by Thomas English/Daily Caller News Foundation)

A screenshot of DogeQuest’s surface website, captured on April 3, 2025. (Captured by Thomas English/Daily Caller News Foundation)

No other reporting has yet tied DogeQuest directly to the ParkMobile breach, which impacted over 21 million users in 2021. The company, which facilitates cashless parking across the U.S., quietly disclosed the breach in April of that year, admitting that “basic user information” had been accessed. ObscureIQ’s research shows that exposed data included email addresses, license plate numbers and phone numbers — enough to triangulate identity when paired with commercial data brokers.

The company agreed to a $32 million settlement to resolve a class-action lawsuit stemming from the data breach. The lawsuit alleged that ParkMobile failed to secure its Amazon Web Services cloud storage, allowing access to the data. Although payment data were reportedly not compromised, plaintiffs argued the exposed information still posed serious privacy risks — a claim now reinforced by its use in the DogeQuest doxxing campaign.

Despite federal attention, the site has proven difficult to keep offline, as the dark web mirror incorporates anonymized hosting methods, frustrating law enforcement takedown efforts.

The Department of Justice charged three suspects last week linked to physical attacks on Tesla vehicles, charging stations and dealerships across multiple states, though it has not publicly confirmed any link between those suspects and DogeQuest. Meanwhile, the FBI has acknowledged it is “actively working” on both the doxxing campaign and a parallel rise in swatting incidents affecting DOGE affiliates.

Continue Reading

Crime

Europol takes out one of the largest pedophile networks in the world with almost 2 million users

Published on

From LifeSiteNews

By Andreas Wailzer

An international group of police agencies has taken down one of the largest pedophile networks in the world with almost two million users.

Investigators from Bavaria, Germany, announced yesterday that they dismantled an online pedophile platform called “Kidflix” used to distribute child pornography that had around 1.8 million users worldwide. Police carried out raids in 31 countries and arrested 79 people in total.

The European police unit Europol coordinated the operation led by the Bavarian criminal police. Europol announced that around 1,400 suspects have been identified worldwide in “one of the biggest blows against child pornography in recent years, if not ever.”

According to Europol, the platform “Kidflix” was one of the largest pedophile networks in the world. Guido Limmer, deputy head of the Bavarian criminal police, said it was the “largest operation ever” organized by Europol. The platform’s server, with over 70,000 videos at the time, was reportedly shut down by German and Dutch authorities in early March.

The 79 people arrested were not only suspected of having watched or downloaded videos of child sexual abuse but some were also suspected of personally harming children. The police units carried out the raids from March 10 to 23 and reportedly confiscated thousands of electronic devices. In Germany alone, 96 locations were raided. Among the suspects was a 36-year-old man who not only viewed illegal material but also reportedly offered up his young son for sexual abuse. The child was given to child protection services after the man was arrested, the Bavarian police spokesman said.

Limmer also noted that one of the arrested suspects was a “serial” abuser from the United States.

According to Europol, “Kidflix” was set up by cybercriminals in 2021 and became one of the most popular platforms for pedophiles. The international police agency said that the investigation into the network began in 2022.

In October 2024, German police dismantled another large online pedophile network with hundreds of thousands of users, arresting six men associated with the platform.

Last year, Germany’s Federal Criminal Police Office revealed that the cases of sexual abuse against children and adolescents had more than tripled in the past five years.

Continue Reading

Trending

X