COVID-19
FDA Hid COVID Shot Side Effects—Congressional Report
From Heartland Daily News
By Bonner R Cohen
The Biden administration “pressured the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to go beyond its regulatory authority to change its procedures, cut corners, and lower agency standards to approve the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination and authorize boosters”
A congressional investigation has found evidence the Biden administration pressured drug regulators to cut corners in authorizing COVID-19 shots and boosters.
An interim staff report by the U.S. House Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on the Administrative State, Regulatory Reform, and Antitrust concluded the Biden administration “pressured the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to go beyond its regulatory authority to change its procedures, cut corners, and lower agency standards to approve the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination and authorize boosters,” states the subcommittee’s press release on the publication of the report, on June 24.
“This approval enabled the Biden administration to mandate the COVID-19 vaccine, despite concerns that the same vaccine was causing injury among otherwise healthy young Americans.”
KIN, JAPAN – APRIL 28: United States Marines queue to receive the Moderna coronavirus vaccine at Camp Hansen on April 28, 2021 in Kin, Japan. A United States military vaccination program aiming to inoculate all service personnel and their families against Covid-19 coronavirus is under way on Japans southernmost island of Okinawa, home to around 30,000 US troops and one of the largest US Marine contingents outside of mainland USA. (Photo by Carl Court/Getty Images)
‘Politics Overruled Science’
“In August 2021, when the Pfizer shots received FDA licensure, and just before the booster received EUA [Emergency Use Authorization], FDA vaccine reviewers with decades of experience announced they were leaving the agency,” said subcommittee Chairman Thomas Massie (R-KY), in a statement. “During the pandemic, politics overruled science at the government institutions entrusted with protecting public health.”
The 29-page report, “Politics, Private Interests, and the Biden Administration’s Deviation from Agency Regulations in the COVID-19 Pandemic,” traces the FDA’s approval process for COVID-19 vaccines and boosters from the last year of the Trump administration, 2020, through the Biden administration’s implementation of its own policies in 2021-22. Development of COVID-19 vaccines began in April 2020 under the Trump administration’s Operation Warp Speed (OWS), which followed the FDA’s standard EUA process.
Emergency Factor
The report says the FDA and manufacturers are supposed to monitor and communicate findings on effects related to a lower standard under an emergency declaration.
“The Biden administration, however, pivoted away from this important requirement and sought to ensure the EUA vaccine received full licensure as a way to support vaccine mandates,” states the report. “While the vaccine approval process can be robust and lengthy, the Biden administration through Acting Commissioner Janet Woodcock sought to move on an arbitrary political timeline and pressed the FDA to ignore its regulations in the approval process.”
“During this time,” the report states, “the administration ignored or silenced voices that questioned the merits of universal vaccination and downplayed the serious injuries from the EUA vaccine.”
BRENTWOOD, NEW YORK – APRIL 12: Gov. Andrew Cuomo speaks with students from Suffolk County Community College after getting vaccinated during a press conference on coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination at Suffolk County Community College on April 12, 2021 in Brentwood, New York. Gov. Andrew Cuomo held a press conference at Suffolk County Community College, a mass vaccination site, announcing that the state will be sending the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine to colleges and universities across New York to encourage college students to get vaccinated before heading home for the summer. (Photo by Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images)
Dissent from Within
Subcommittee investigators also examined how the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) characterized the efficacy of the vaccine, the FDA’s active promotion of the vaccine in 2021 and 2022, and the CDC’s conduct related to reporting on the safety and efficacy of the vaccine.
“The transcribed interviews and internal FDA documents revealed that, despite evidence of harms from the EUA vaccine, the Biden administration sought to fully approve the Pfizer vaccine through the Biologics Licensing Application (BLA) process,” the report said. “The BLA approval occurred despite the objections of the FDA’s experts in vaccine development who were concerned about risks for healthy young people caused by the Pfizer vaccine, particularly the risk of myocarditis.”
Peter Marks, M.D., Ph.D., head of the FDA’s Center for Biological Evaluation and Research, testified to the subcommittee that, in rushing approval of the Pfizer vaccine, “he was seeking to appease outsiders who wanted to have an approved vaccine that gave them ‘more confidence’ in a vaccine, even though it was the exact same vaccine already on the market under the EUA.”
“Unless changes are made to improve the FDA’s once-robust vaccine approval process,” the report states, “future vaccines approved by the FDA may be met by an American public with increased skepticism and elevate the potential for higher vaccine hesitancy.”
Opened Pandora’s Box
The report’s findings were bolstered by pharmaceutical toxicologist Helmut Sterz, Ph.D., who served for eight years as CEO of global research and development at Pfizer’s lab in Amboise, France. In a July 8 post on Substack by Peter McCullough, M.D., and John Leake, Leake recounted a recent conversation with Sterz.
“Dr. Sterz confirmed that Pfizer-BioNTech did not perform proper toxicology studies on its COVID-19 mRNA ‘vaccine’ prior to its injection into hundreds of millions of people,” wrote Leake. “Those responsible for this undertaking created the Pharma Lab equivalent of a Pandora’s Box that has released a host of sickness and death on mankind.”
SEATTLE, WA – JUNE 21: A two-year-old wears a bandage after receiving her first dose of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccination at UW Medical Center – Roosevelt on June 21, 2022 in Seattle, Washington. Covid-19 vaccinations for children younger than 5 began today across the U.S. (Photo by David Ryder/Getty Images)
Rush to Mandate
Jane Orient, M.D., executive director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, says she is not surprised by the report’s findings.
“The FDA’s regulatory process was clearly short-circuited. Americans have cause to seriously distrust the agency,” said Orient. “Many products, including vaccines, have been pulled from the market because of serious adverse responses, while reports of thousands of adverse effects associated with COVID injections are downplayed or suppressed.”
Orient added, “The people in charge of the rushed approval, such as Janet Woodcock, were also responsible for suppressing early treatment with hydroxychloroquine, as shown in AAPS v. FDA. The FDA failed to note a change in the manufacturing process that introduced DNA contaminants, which remained in impermissible quantities. Long-term effects such as cancer, birth defects, and infertility cannot yet be known.”
Joel Zinberg, M.D., senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute and director of the Public Health and American Well-Being Initiative at the Paragon Health Institute, also points to the harm resulting from the FDA’s actions.
“The rush to approve the vaccine and mandate its use put otherwise healthy young people who have a virtually non-existent risk of severe COVID-19 illness at risk for little benefit,” said Zinberg. “However, it is in stark contrast to what then-candidates Biden and Harris said in 2020 when they discouraged people from taking ‘Trump’s vaccines.’”
Bonner Russell Cohen, Ph.D. ([email protected]) is a senior fellow at the National Center for Public Policy Research.
COVID-19
Canadian government seeking to destroy Freedom Convoy leader, taking Big Red from Chris Barber
From LifeSiteNews
The Crown claimed that ‘Big Red’ is an ‘offence-related property’ relating to Chris Barber’s involvement in the 2022 protests against Canada’s COVID mandates.
The Canadian government is still going after Freedom Convoy leader Chris Barber, this time hoping to seize his very livelihood.
The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF) has reported that it represented Barber during a November 26 hearing about the Crown’s attempt to take “Big Red,” Barber’s semi-truck. The Crown claimed that the vehicle is an “offence-related property” relating to Barber’s involvement in the 2022 protests against Canada’s COVID mandates.
Barber’s truck, a 2004 Kenworth long-haul, which he uses for business, was a focal point in the 2022 protests. He drove it to Ottawa, where it was parked for an extended period of time, but he complied when officials asked him to move it.
Barber’s lawyer, Diane Magas, said the Crown’s attempt to take away Barber’s livelihood is “not” in the spirit of laws in place regarding forfeiture.
“The impact of the forfeiture of ‘Big Red’, which is an essential part of the operation of Mr. Barber’s trucking business and is relied upon by Mr. Barber, his family, as well as employees, is not what Parliament had in mind when enacting those forfeiture provisions,” she said as per a JCCF press release.
“Especially considering the context of a political protest where the police told Mr. Barber where to park the truck and when Mr. Barber moved the truck after being asked to move it.”
The Freedom Convoy leader has talked about his truck, saying that, “Big Red is how I put food on the table.”
“I followed every instruction police gave me during the protest, and I never imagined the government would try to take the very truck I rely on to earn a living,” Barber continued.
A ruling regarding the Crown’s wish to seize Barber’s truck is expected to appear on December 19; however, the court case could drag into the new year.
RELATED: Freedom Convoy organizers sentenced to 18-month house arrest for role in protests
On October 7, 2025, after a long trial, Ontario Court Justice Heather Perkins-McVey sentenced Tamara Lich and Barber to 18 months’ house arrest. They had been declared guilty of mischief for their roles as leaders of the 2022 protest against COVID mandates, and as social media influencers.
Lich and Barber have filed appeals of their own against their house arrest sentences, arguing that the trial judge did not correctly apply the law on their mischief charges.
Government lawyers for the Crown have filed an appeal of the acquittals of Lich and Barber on intimidation charges.
Lich and Barber were declared guilty of mischief for their roles as leaders of the protest against COVID mandates in April 2022, and as social media influencers. The conviction came after a nearly two-year trial despite the non-violent nature of the popular movement.
COVID-19
Crown seeks to punish peaceful protestor Chris Barber by confiscating his family work truck “Big Red”
The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms announces that the Ontario Court of Justice will hold a hearing at 10:00 a.m. ET on Wednesday, November 26 at 161 Elgin Street, Ottawa, regarding the Crown’s attempt to permanently seize “Big Red,” the 2004 Kenworth long-haul truck relied upon by peaceful Freedom Convoy protestor Chris Barber and his family trucking business.
Constitutional lawyer Diane Magas, who represents Mr. Barber, is opposing the forfeiture.
“The impact of the forfeiture of ‘Big Red’, which is an essential part of the operation of Mr. Barber’s trucking business and is relied upon by Mr. Barber, his family as well as employees, is not what Parliament had in mind when enacting those forfeiture provisions, especially considering the context of a political protest where the police told Mr. Barber where to park the truck and when Mr. Barber moved the truck after being asked to move it,” she said.
Mr. Barber, a Saskatchewan trucker and central figure in the peaceful 2022 Freedom Convoy, depends on this vehicle for his livelihood. The Crown alleges that his truck constitutes “offence-related property.”
The November 26 hearing will address the Crown’s application to seize the truck and will include evidence regarding ownership and corporate title. The Court will also consider an application filed earlier this year by Mr. Barber’s family, who are asserting their rights as interested third parties and seeking to prevent the loss of the vehicle.
Mr. Barber was found guilty of mischief and counselling others to breach a court order following the peaceful Freedom Convoy protest, despite his consistent cooperation with law enforcement and reliance on legal advice during the events of early 2022. At sentencing, the Court acknowledged that he “came with the noblest of intent and did not advocate for violence,” emphasizing that Mr. Barber encouraged calm and compliance.
Mr. Barber said, “‘Big Red’ is how I put food on the table. I followed every instruction police gave me during the protest, and I never imagined the government would try to take the very truck I rely on to earn a living.”
-
Alberta9 hours agoFrom Underdog to Top Broodmare
-
Artificial Intelligence2 days agoTrump’s New AI Focused ‘Manhattan Project’ Adds Pressure To Grid
-
International1 day agoAfghan Ex–CIA Partner Accused in D.C. National Guard Ambush
-
Alberta1 day agoAlberta and Ottawa ink landmark energy agreement
-
International2 days agoTrump orders 500 more troops to reinforce D.C. after Guard shooting
-
armed forces2 days agoCarney’s ‘Shared Sacrifice’ Is a Lie. Only Veterans Are Bleeding for This Budget
-
Energy1 day agoPoilievre says West Coast Pipeline MOU is no guarantee
-
International2 days agoTrump Admin Pulls Plug On Afghan Immigration Following National Guard Shooting


