Connect with us
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=12]

International

Pelosi casts doubt on Biden’s White House bid

Published

4 minute read

From The Center Square

By 

“We are all encouraging him to make that decision because time is running short” Pelosi

Former House Speaker and long-time Democratic party leader Nancy Pelosi weighed in on whether President Joe Biden should drop out of the race to let another Democrat challenge former President Donald Trump.

Pelosi, who is 84 years old, made the comments Wednesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” and appeared to suggest there was still a chance Biden could step down, despite the president saying he has no intention of doing so.

When directly asked if Biden has her support to be the head of the Democratic ticket, the California Democrat said “it’s up to the president to decide if he is going to run.”

“We are all encouraging him to make that decision because time is running short,” Pelosi continued. “I think overwhelming support of the caucus, it’s not for me to say, I’m not the head of the caucus anymore, but he is beloved. He is respected, and people want him to make that decision.”

When pressed further with the point that Biden says he has already made the decision to stay in the race, Pelosi said, “I want him to do whatever he decides to do, and that’s the way it is.”

“Whatever he decides, we go with,” she said.

Pelosi said Biden was “spectacular” at his NATO summit speech the day before and lauded his record. She emphasized the importance of the NATO summit, which Biden is hosting with dozens of world leaders, and seemed to suggest Biden’s decision should come after the NATO summit.

Pelosi’s comments sparked headlines Wednesday and are particularly important given her senior influence within the party, especially since they seem to contradict Rep. Alexandira Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., another leader in the party, who told reporters Monday that “the matter is closed.”

Notably, Biden called in to “Morning Joe” earlier this week to shore up support within his own party.

Biden has repeatedly and emphatically said he will remain in the race and told Democrats questioning his candidacy to give it up. Congressional Democrats have continued to pressure Biden out of fear that his weakness will lead to them losing their seats, and any chance at a House or Senate majority, down the ballot.

Enthusiasm about the candidate on the top of the ticket traditionally has a major impact on down ballot races, especially in tight races.

Biden’s woes reached a crescendo following the first debate between Biden and Trump two weeks ago, when Biden faltered, stumbled and at times was incoherent in the debate.

Immediately after the debate, Democrats in the party, including elected Democrats, began calling for Biden to step aside, largely aided by left-leaning media.

Biden has pushed back, including sending a letter to Congress attempting to end the discussions, but has so far not succeeded.

The latest polling shows Trump has a lead over Biden, especially in several key swing states.

D.C. Bureau Reporter

Todayville is a digital media and technology company. We profile unique stories and events in our community. Register and promote your community event for free.

Follow Author

COVID-19

Trump’s new NIH head fires top Fauci allies and COVID shot promoters, including Fauci’s wife

Published on

From LifeSiteNews

By Doug Mainwaring

“During the pandemic Fauci’s bioethicist wife, Christine Grady, offered nurses a choice: Get vaccinated, or lose your job,” noted The COVID-19 History Project on X. “Yesterday, she was offered a choice: Transfer to an office in Alaska, or lose your job. What’s fair is fair. Everyone deserves a choice,” explained the COVID watchdog account.

On day one of his new job as head of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Dr. Jay Bhattacharya removed four powerful agency heads, including Dr. Anthony Fauci’s wife, Christine Grady, and others associated with the questionable handling of the COVID-19 shots.

Grady, who had served as chief of the agency’s Department of Bioethics, and other longtime Fauci allies in top posts at the NIH involved in the development and distribution of the untested COVID shots produced by Big Pharma were offered jobs in Alaska and other remote locales far away from the NIH’s sprawling Bethesda, Maryland, complex just outside Washington, D.C.

The purge came amid massive layoffs in health-related agencies under the umbrella of Health and Human Services (HHS), now headed by the Make America Healthy Again (MAHA) movement’s founder, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who has long questioned vaccine safety and American medicine’s focus on treating disease rather than preventing it.

A total of about 20,000 personnel – mostly bureaucrats – or about 25 percent of the HHS workforce have been or will be handed pink slips amid Kennedy’s realignment of the agency.

MAHA critics were quick to call Tuesday’s axing of Fauci confederates as “one of the darkest days in modern scientific history” fueled by Kennedy’s desire to exact revenge on Fauci’s former trusted associates who represent the antithesis of the MAHA movement.

However, the revamping of the federal government’s side of the health industry is no more harsh than the treatment meted out by those formerly in control who, at best, suppressed, and worst, punished those who questioned their iron grip on health-industry regulations and standards.

For years, Kennedy’s critics have dismissed his quest to revamp healthcare and his questioning of the efficacy of the COVID-19 mRNA jabs as anti-science, labeling him as an “anti-vaxxer” in order to suppress his messaging.

Dr. Francis Collins – whom Bhattacharya replaced as head of NIH – in an October 2020 email to Fauci condemned Bhattacharya as a “fringe epidemiologist” because he had co-authored the Great Barrington Declaration, which criticized harmful COVID lockdown policies.

“During the pandemic Fauci’s bioethicist wife, Christine Grady, offered nurses a choice: Get vaccinated, or lose your job,” noted The COVID-19 History Project on X.

“Yesterday, she was offered a choice: Transfer to an office in Alaska, or lose your job. What’s fair is fair. Everyone deserves a choice,” explained the COVID watchdog account.

“We spend 4X more than Italy on healthcare — and live 7 years less. Dead last in cancer rates. This isn’t science — it’s a system profiting off sick kids,” explained Calley Means, RFK Jr. HHS advisor during an interview with Laura Ingraham following the NIH firings.

“Firing the people who oversaw this? That’s step one,” declared Means.

Other NIH officials who were offered reassignments were Dr. Jeanne Marrazzo, who succeeded Fauci as head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Dr. Clifford Lane, a close Fauci ally who served as deputy director for clinical research at NIAID, and Dr. Emily Erbelding, NIAID’s microbiology and infectious diseases director.

Continue Reading

Crime

Europol takes out one of the largest pedophile networks in the world with almost 2 million users

Published on

From LifeSiteNews

By Andreas Wailzer

An international group of police agencies has taken down one of the largest pedophile networks in the world with almost two million users.

Investigators from Bavaria, Germany, announced yesterday that they dismantled an online pedophile platform called “Kidflix” used to distribute child pornography that had around 1.8 million users worldwide. Police carried out raids in 31 countries and arrested 79 people in total.

The European police unit Europol coordinated the operation led by the Bavarian criminal police. Europol announced that around 1,400 suspects have been identified worldwide in “one of the biggest blows against child pornography in recent years, if not ever.”

According to Europol, the platform “Kidflix” was one of the largest pedophile networks in the world. Guido Limmer, deputy head of the Bavarian criminal police, said it was the “largest operation ever” organized by Europol. The platform’s server, with over 70,000 videos at the time, was reportedly shut down by German and Dutch authorities in early March.

The 79 people arrested were not only suspected of having watched or downloaded videos of child sexual abuse but some were also suspected of personally harming children. The police units carried out the raids from March 10 to 23 and reportedly confiscated thousands of electronic devices. In Germany alone, 96 locations were raided. Among the suspects was a 36-year-old man who not only viewed illegal material but also reportedly offered up his young son for sexual abuse. The child was given to child protection services after the man was arrested, the Bavarian police spokesman said.

Limmer also noted that one of the arrested suspects was a “serial” abuser from the United States.

According to Europol, “Kidflix” was set up by cybercriminals in 2021 and became one of the most popular platforms for pedophiles. The international police agency said that the investigation into the network began in 2022.

In October 2024, German police dismantled another large online pedophile network with hundreds of thousands of users, arresting six men associated with the platform.

Last year, Germany’s Federal Criminal Police Office revealed that the cases of sexual abuse against children and adolescents had more than tripled in the past five years.

Continue Reading

Trending

X