International
‘A Lot Of Chaos’: Former Harris Campaign Co-Chair Expresses Excitement As Biden Passes The Torch

From the Daily Caller News Foundation
By HAILEY GOMEZ
A former co-chair for Kamala Harris’ 2020 primary campaign expressed his excitement about the vice president potentially stepping in as the 2024 Democratic presidential nominee on Sunday.
CNN political commentator Bakari Sellers appeared on “CNN Newsroom With Fredricka Whitfield” to discuss Biden’s decision to withdraw from the 2024 presidential race and endorse Vice President Kamala Harris. As the CNN commentator called the announcement from Biden “extraordinary” before praising the president’s political career, Sellers went on to discuss his “excitement” around Harris as the potential nominee.
“Let me just tell you, as a Democrat, somebody I was national co-chair for Kamala Harris for president. We’re so damn excited now. My phone is blowing up, is going crazy. I think there’s a lot of excitement, a lot of chaos, a lot of confusion. But at the end of the day, Democrats will have Kamala Harris and a long list of others, possible VP individuals, taking on J.D. Vance and Donald Trump and we stand a fair chance,” Sellers said.
Prior to Sellers excitement, the former Harris campaign co-chair detailed a meeting with the Democratic National Committee (DNC) last week, stating they had set “forth the rules and parameters” for the upcoming convention in August, noting all delegates will be credentialed soon.
“I think that there will be efforts in place and things in place to help ensure that the vice president of the United States is able to drop into this campaign that has already up and running [and] has cash. I think you‘re going to see a boost or a boom in donations over the next couple of days. I don‘t see this open primary that people are dreaming of, or warning of, or eliminating the entire ticket,” Sellers said.
“Last but not least, I think it‘s pretty clear to Elise Stefanik and others, my response and my retort and I expect the vice president and others to echo the same thing is that Joe Biden made it clear and conscious decision that he cannot lead the country for the next four years,” Sellers continued. “That does not mean that he cannot lead us for the next four months. He‘s been a noble leader up until this point. He will end his administration with a bang and do the work of the people for the next four months. But he made the very consequential decision that serving the next four years was something out of the realm of possibility for him to do and he wanted to turn over that to Kamala Harris.”
Biden released his withdrawal from the 2024 race within a letter posted to X (formerly known as Twitter), stating that he believes it would not only be best for the Democratic Party, but for the country if he dropped his reelection bid and instead focused on the remainder of his presidency. The announcement from the president comes after weeks of backlash from lawmakers within his own party as over 30 publicly vocalized their dissatisfaction with Biden remaining as the nominee.
However, calls from within Washington D.C. were not the only ones asking for Biden to step down from the race. A recent poll conducted by AP-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, 7 in 10 adults, including 65% of Democrats, said Biden should withdraw from the race and allow the party to select another nominee. The dissatisfaction from Democrats over Biden jumped ten points, from 38% to 48% of Democrats no longer approving of Biden over the last month, according to the data.
While some lawmakers and influential Democrats have come forward to endorse the vice president as the next Democratic nominee, others such as former President Barack Obama have notably denied handing out an endorsement and instead called for a “process from which an outstanding nominee emerges.”
(Featured image credit: Official White House Photo by Adam Schultz)
Crime
Europol takes out one of the largest pedophile networks in the world with almost 2 million users

From LifeSiteNews
An international group of police agencies has taken down one of the largest pedophile networks in the world with almost two million users.
Investigators from Bavaria, Germany, announced yesterday that they dismantled an online pedophile platform called “Kidflix” used to distribute child pornography that had around 1.8 million users worldwide. Police carried out raids in 31 countries and arrested 79 people in total.
The European police unit Europol coordinated the operation led by the Bavarian criminal police. Europol announced that around 1,400 suspects have been identified worldwide in “one of the biggest blows against child pornography in recent years, if not ever.”
According to Europol, the platform “Kidflix” was one of the largest pedophile networks in the world. Guido Limmer, deputy head of the Bavarian criminal police, said it was the “largest operation ever” organized by Europol. The platform’s server, with over 70,000 videos at the time, was reportedly shut down by German and Dutch authorities in early March.
The 79 people arrested were not only suspected of having watched or downloaded videos of child sexual abuse but some were also suspected of personally harming children. The police units carried out the raids from March 10 to 23 and reportedly confiscated thousands of electronic devices. In Germany alone, 96 locations were raided. Among the suspects was a 36-year-old man who not only viewed illegal material but also reportedly offered up his young son for sexual abuse. The child was given to child protection services after the man was arrested, the Bavarian police spokesman said.
Limmer also noted that one of the arrested suspects was a “serial” abuser from the United States.
According to Europol, “Kidflix” was set up by cybercriminals in 2021 and became one of the most popular platforms for pedophiles. The international police agency said that the investigation into the network began in 2022.
In October 2024, German police dismantled another large online pedophile network with hundreds of thousands of users, arresting six men associated with the platform.
Last year, Germany’s Federal Criminal Police Office revealed that the cases of sexual abuse against children and adolescents had more than tripled in the past five years.
Courageous Discourse
Europe Had 127,350 Cases of Measles in 2024

By Peter A. McCullough, MD, MPH
US Mainstream Media Maintains Myopic Focus on Less than 1000 Cases
As the measles story in the US continues to unfold with reporting of a few cases here and there come in through mainstream media, I wondered about measles in Europe.
The WHO casually reported that the Europe Region had 127,350 cases in 2024.
According to an analysis by WHO and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), 127 350 measles cases were reported in the European Region for 2024, double the number of cases reported for 2023 and the highest number since 1997.
Children under 5 accounted for more than 40% of reported cases in the Region – comprising 53 countries in Europe and central Asia. More than half of the reported cases required hospitalization. A total of 38 deaths have been reported, based on preliminary data received as of 6 March 2025.
Measles cases in the Region have generally been declining since 1997, when some 216 000 were reported, reaching a low of 4440 cases in 2016. However, a resurgence was seen in 2018 and 2019 – with 89 000 and 106 000 cases reported for the 2 years respectively. Following a backsliding in immunization coverage during the COVID-19 pandemic, cases rose significantly again in 2023 and 2024. Vaccination rates in many countries are yet to return to pre-pandemic levels, increasing the risk of outbreaks.
Many regions in Europe have lower rates of measles vaccination than the goal of 95%.
Less than 80% of eligible children in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Romania were vaccinated with MCV1 in 2023 – far below the 95% coverage rate required to retain herd immunity. In both Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro the coverage rate for MCV1 has remained below 70% and 50% respectively for the past 5 or more years. Romania reported the highest number of cases in the Region for 2024, with 30 692 cases, followed by Kazakhstan with 28 147 cases.
The WHO Report does not mention adjudication of hospitalizations or deaths. Presumably hospitalization of healthy kids is routine for contagion control. So if measles is so common and presumably well-handled by Europe, why is it such a big deal in the United States? Don’t look for Sanjay Gupta or Anderson Cooper to tell you that a similar size region and population handles >100K cases per year without much fanfare.
Peter A. McCullough, MD, MPH
President, McCullough Foundation
FOCAL POINTS (Courageous Discourse) is a reader-supported publication.
To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.
Please subscribe to FOCAL POINTS as a paying ($5 monthly) or founder member so we can continue to bring you the truth.
Subscribe to FOCAL POINTS (Courageous Discourse).
For the full experience, upgrade your subscription.
-
2025 Federal Election1 day ago
MORE OF THE SAME: Mark Carney Admits He Will Not Repeal the Liberal’s Bill C-69 – The ‘No Pipelines’ Bill
-
2025 Federal Election22 hours ago
‘I’m Cautiously Optimistic’: Doug Ford Strongly Recommends Canada ‘Not To Retaliate’ Against Trump’s Tariffs
-
2025 Federal Election1 day ago
‘Coordinated and Alarming’: Allegations of Chinese Voter Suppression in 2021 Race That Flipped Toronto Riding to Liberals and Paul Chiang
-
International2 days ago
Trump’s ‘Golden Dome’ defense shield must be built now, Lt. Gen. warns
-
Business14 hours ago
California planning to double film tax credits amid industry decline
-
Business21 hours ago
Canada may escape the worst as Trump declares America’s economic independence with Liberation Day tariffs
-
Business2 days ago
Saskatchewan becomes first Canadian province to fully eliminate carbon tax
-
Alberta21 hours ago
Big win for Alberta and Canada: Statement from Premier Smith