COVID-19
BC Conservative leader regrets getting COVID shots, says mandates were about control
From LifeSiteNews
‘I’ve had three shots of the vaccine. I wish I hadn’t, quite frankly,’ B.C. Conservative leader John Rustad said in a recently resurfaced video.
Footage of British Columbia Conservative leader and premier hopeful John Rustad shows him saying he regrets taking the experimental COVID-19 vaccines and thinks government mandates were aimed at controlling the population.
In an interview, recorded in June but publicized September 23 by Rustad’s political rival, the New Democratic Party (NDP), in a seeming attempt to smear him, the B.C. Conservative leader explained that he regrets taking the COVID vaccines and that mandates instituted in the province at the time weren’t about health, but control.
“I’ve had three shots of the vaccine. I wish I hadn’t, quite frankly,” Rustad said.
“That’s one of the things that has changed in my thinking. The so-called vaccine, the COVID mRNA shots,” he said, recalling a conversation with B.C. Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry.
Rustad said the conversation with Henry left him feeling that something wasn’t “quite right.”
“When I talked to Bonnie Henry about it, I started to realize that it wasn’t so much about trying to get herd immunity or trying to stop the spread, but it was more around shaping opinion and control on the population,” Rustad said.
In July of this year, John Rustad met with an anti-vax group that is suing Dr. Bonnie Henry.
He said he regrets getting “the so-called vaccine” and accuses Dr. Henry of using it for “control on the population.” pic.twitter.com/m2h3IHAyK0
— BC NDP (@bcndp) September 23, 2024
Henry became infamous in B.C. thanks to her vaccine policy which prevented unvaccinated health care workers from working for nearly three years.
Finally, in July of this year, Henry announced that the province is no longer in a public health emergency and is revoking all COVID regulations, including the vaccine mandate.
The decision came as a surprise after Henry had seemed determined to keep British Columbia’s vaccine mandate regardless of the hundreds of health care workers who had been unable to work since 2021 despite the ongoing worker shortage in the sector.
In May, Henry’s mandate was challenged in court. The judge ruled that healthcare workers can still be mandated to receive the experimental COVID injections as a condition of employment, but decided that those working remotely are no longer bound by the unscientific rule.
Hundreds of British Columbia healthcare workers are still suing Henry over the mandate which prevented them from working.
While Rustad’s comments condemning Henry were made during a July 23 interview with the B.C. Public Service Employees for Freedom which opposes vaccine mandates, the resurfacing of the footage by the NDP ahead of the provincial election this fall seems to suggest the far-left party assumed Rustad’s comments would paint him in a bad light.
However, the video seems to have had the opposite effect, as many online pointed to the video as a reason to vote for Rustad.
” Y’all don’t realize this will help Rustad’s campaign lol,” pro-freedom nurse Amy Hamm commented.
Y’all don’t realize this will help Rustad’s campaign lol
— Amy Eileen Hamm (@preta_6) September 23, 2024
“This isn’t the win you think it is,” another wrote. “Lots of people regret getting the #Covid_19 ‘vaccines.’ They prevented neither infection nor transmission and your ‘vaccine’ did not ‘keep others safe’ no matter how much you want to believe it.”
This isn’t the win you think it is.
Lots of people regret getting the #Covid_19 “vaccines”
They prevented neither infection nor transmission and your “vaccine” did not “keep others safe” no matter how much you want to believe it.
The market for these products has crashed.…
— Karl Harrison (@KarlDHarrison) September 23, 2024
COVID-19
Canadian government seeking to destroy Freedom Convoy leader, taking Big Red from Chris Barber
From LifeSiteNews
The Crown claimed that ‘Big Red’ is an ‘offence-related property’ relating to Chris Barber’s involvement in the 2022 protests against Canada’s COVID mandates.
The Canadian government is still going after Freedom Convoy leader Chris Barber, this time hoping to seize his very livelihood.
The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF) has reported that it represented Barber during a November 26 hearing about the Crown’s attempt to take “Big Red,” Barber’s semi-truck. The Crown claimed that the vehicle is an “offence-related property” relating to Barber’s involvement in the 2022 protests against Canada’s COVID mandates.
Barber’s truck, a 2004 Kenworth long-haul, which he uses for business, was a focal point in the 2022 protests. He drove it to Ottawa, where it was parked for an extended period of time, but he complied when officials asked him to move it.
Barber’s lawyer, Diane Magas, said the Crown’s attempt to take away Barber’s livelihood is “not” in the spirit of laws in place regarding forfeiture.
“The impact of the forfeiture of ‘Big Red’, which is an essential part of the operation of Mr. Barber’s trucking business and is relied upon by Mr. Barber, his family, as well as employees, is not what Parliament had in mind when enacting those forfeiture provisions,” she said as per a JCCF press release.
“Especially considering the context of a political protest where the police told Mr. Barber where to park the truck and when Mr. Barber moved the truck after being asked to move it.”
The Freedom Convoy leader has talked about his truck, saying that, “Big Red is how I put food on the table.”
“I followed every instruction police gave me during the protest, and I never imagined the government would try to take the very truck I rely on to earn a living,” Barber continued.
A ruling regarding the Crown’s wish to seize Barber’s truck is expected to appear on December 19; however, the court case could drag into the new year.
RELATED: Freedom Convoy organizers sentenced to 18-month house arrest for role in protests
On October 7, 2025, after a long trial, Ontario Court Justice Heather Perkins-McVey sentenced Tamara Lich and Barber to 18 months’ house arrest. They had been declared guilty of mischief for their roles as leaders of the 2022 protest against COVID mandates, and as social media influencers.
Lich and Barber have filed appeals of their own against their house arrest sentences, arguing that the trial judge did not correctly apply the law on their mischief charges.
Government lawyers for the Crown have filed an appeal of the acquittals of Lich and Barber on intimidation charges.
Lich and Barber were declared guilty of mischief for their roles as leaders of the protest against COVID mandates in April 2022, and as social media influencers. The conviction came after a nearly two-year trial despite the non-violent nature of the popular movement.
COVID-19
Crown seeks to punish peaceful protestor Chris Barber by confiscating his family work truck “Big Red”
The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms announces that the Ontario Court of Justice will hold a hearing at 10:00 a.m. ET on Wednesday, November 26 at 161 Elgin Street, Ottawa, regarding the Crown’s attempt to permanently seize “Big Red,” the 2004 Kenworth long-haul truck relied upon by peaceful Freedom Convoy protestor Chris Barber and his family trucking business.
Constitutional lawyer Diane Magas, who represents Mr. Barber, is opposing the forfeiture.
“The impact of the forfeiture of ‘Big Red’, which is an essential part of the operation of Mr. Barber’s trucking business and is relied upon by Mr. Barber, his family as well as employees, is not what Parliament had in mind when enacting those forfeiture provisions, especially considering the context of a political protest where the police told Mr. Barber where to park the truck and when Mr. Barber moved the truck after being asked to move it,” she said.
Mr. Barber, a Saskatchewan trucker and central figure in the peaceful 2022 Freedom Convoy, depends on this vehicle for his livelihood. The Crown alleges that his truck constitutes “offence-related property.”
The November 26 hearing will address the Crown’s application to seize the truck and will include evidence regarding ownership and corporate title. The Court will also consider an application filed earlier this year by Mr. Barber’s family, who are asserting their rights as interested third parties and seeking to prevent the loss of the vehicle.
Mr. Barber was found guilty of mischief and counselling others to breach a court order following the peaceful Freedom Convoy protest, despite his consistent cooperation with law enforcement and reliance on legal advice during the events of early 2022. At sentencing, the Court acknowledged that he “came with the noblest of intent and did not advocate for violence,” emphasizing that Mr. Barber encouraged calm and compliance.
Mr. Barber said, “‘Big Red’ is how I put food on the table. I followed every instruction police gave me during the protest, and I never imagined the government would try to take the very truck I rely on to earn a living.”
-
Alberta15 hours agoFrom Underdog to Top Broodmare
-
Alberta2 days agoAlberta and Ottawa ink landmark energy agreement
-
International2 days agoAfghan Ex–CIA Partner Accused in D.C. National Guard Ambush
-
Carbon Tax2 days agoCanadian energy policies undermine a century of North American integration
-
International2 days agoIdentities of wounded Guardsmen, each newly sworn in
-
Alberta2 days agoWest Coast Pipeline MOU: A good first step, but project dead on arrival without Eby’s assent
-
COVID-191 day agoCanadian government seeking to destroy Freedom Convoy leader, taking Big Red from Chris Barber
-
Energy2 days agoPoilievre says West Coast Pipeline MOU is no guarantee


